The Concealer That Replaced All Concealers

13 April 2015


Right, so I'm writing this blog post with a sore throat and no voice, so lucky I'm not a YouTuber eh? Urban Decay launched in Australia on the 27th of March at Mecca Maxima stores, so in celebration I've decided to write a blog post on the concealer that I just cannot get enough of lately: Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer. Since I'm genetically blessed with designer bags underneath my eyes, I'm always searching for a concealer that won't crease, has full coverage, but still sits well underneath the eyes, and ladies and gents, I think I've found it.



So straight off the bat, the packaging is beautiful. It comes in a chic 5ml bottle and the lid is metallic. If you've seen and used the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation, it's basically the same thing except in miniature form. The reason I decided to test this concealer out was that I was tired of full coverage concealers creasing on me, whether they were high end or drugstore, they would never look right underneath my eyes. Also, with my olive skin tone, I found that concealers looked ashy on me which ended up accentuating my dark circles even further. The Naked Skin is a full coverage concealer with an extremely natural finish, also, the shades run very yellow so they don't look grey on my medium skin tone. The concealer comes with a flat, doe-foot applicator which makes the product a breeze to apply. I would like to point out though that I don't use this concealer on my blemishes so this review is going to talk about how well this works for my dark circles.



What I love about this concealer is that it blends in so seamlessly underneath my eyes, and it covers everything without creasing. I actually have friends who use this concealer as well and the number one thing they love about it, is that it doesn't settle into fine lines and doesn't cling onto dry patches, and I completely agree. Since it's high coverage, I only do about 3 dots on my orbital bone and blend out with my Real Techniques Contour Brush, and that's enough to cover the darkness underneath my eyes. I also recommend this concealer for those who don't wear foundation on a day-to-day basis, but like to use concealer to look more awake, as this doesn't give the appearance of thick concealer underneath the eyes. 

A con that I need to mention is that while this concealer's shade range is fantastic for warm and medium skin tones, if you're cool and fair then you will struggle to find a good match. Also, I own the darkest shade which is medium-dark and it is not dark at all. I'm an NC-35 from MAC in summertime and medium-dark is the perfect shade for me, but someone who is NC-40 such as my sister, would find this too light for their skin. So if you have either extremely fair skin, or extremely dark, then you most likely won't be able to find a shade for yourself, as their shade range isn't the greatest. 

Overall, this has quickly replaced all the concealers in my collection and has taken the spot for #1. If you disregard their shade range, this concealer is the greatest I have ever tried, as it doesn't crease but doesn't compromise on finish and coverage. 

The Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer (wow, what a name!) is priced at $36 and is available at Mecca Maxima stores. 

What are your favourite products from Urban Decay?


Leave a Comment

  1. I've been hearing SUCH amazing things about this concealer! I'm desperate to try it out, but I'm hooked on my NARS concealer right now. I don't really use concealer under my eyes, but the formula sounds so lovely, I assume it would fare pretty well on blemishes too!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have a look at that right now! I have the worst dark circles.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.