Simple Micellar Cleansing Water & #SimpleActs Campaign

21 March 2015



You gotta hand it to the French, they know their beauty products as well as they know their way around a baguette, which I'm craving right now so I had to throw that in there. Unless you've been hibernating (or just loaded with university assignments such as myself) then you have most definitely heard of Simple Skincare. Y'know, the greatest makeup removing wipes in all of history? Yeah, that Simple. They're a UK brand who have recently released a brand spankin' new Micellar Cleansing Water*! Yes, you heard right, and stick around because I'm also going to tell you how this Micellar Cleansing Water is doing good for other people, and could potentially score you a weekend day spa retreat.




So you're sitting there and you're kind of nervous to ask "Basmah, what's a Micellar Cleansing Water!?" and since I believe that there is no such thing as a stupid question, I'll tell you everything you need to know. Originated in France, a Micellar Cleansing Water is a makeup remover, a toner, and some even use it as their cleanser. If you have easily sensitive skin then you will be happy to know that micellar water is extremely gentle on the skin and won't irritate it, or dry it out. Actually, it will provide hydration and a whole load of other benefits for you skin. Oh and I nearly forgot to mention, since it isn't an oil-based makeup remover, there is no need to rinse, but I bet you already knew that because you're ahead of the game.


Now that I've gotten everyone pumped and excited, I'm sure you want to know everything about this magical water, and how it performs. Let's start with packaging. As the name suggests, Simple likes to keep things Simple, which is great because it doesn't have any gimmicky lids and strangely shaped bottles. It's user-friendly and looks great as well. The bottle is made from plastic and has a flip-top lid, so you can easily dispense product to your liking. So you have a face full of makeup, you bought the Micellar Cleansing Water but have no idea how to use it. Since you're smart and brainy, you probably already know this information, but all you need to do is soak two cotton pads with the Micellar Cleansing Water and wipe away! Easy peasy, it's like an ordinary makeup remover, with crazy benefits.

Gross right!?

What I loved about the Simple Micellar Cleansing Water is the way it made my skin feel. After wiping down my entire face and neck (don't forget the neck!), my skin felt clean and refreshed, as I found that it had cooling properties to soothe my skin. Also, as a sensitive girl I am happy to report that I didn't break out or experience any dryness due to this product, so hooray! As nearly everything under the sun makes my skin react. This little magic in a bottle is also great if you've come back after a long night, jump into bed, then realise that you have makeup on. We all know the pain and the struggle of getting up and using 10 different products to clean our face. With this, it's just one step and you can jump into bed — but in my opinion, do that on rare occasions as I still think it's very important to give your face a proper cleanse every night.

You can purchase the Simple Micellar Cleansing Water at any retailer that stocks Simple Skincare for $9.99AUD.

Now onto the even more fun stuff! As if Simple couldn't get any better, they've decided to partner up with Priceline and raise money for the Priceline Sisterhood Foundation. So for every Simple Micellar Cleansing Water you buy from Priceline, they donate $1 to the Sisterhood Foundation. How great is that!? It doesn't stop there, to spread kindness around on our social media feeds, Simple Skincare is giving you and your best friend a chance to win a weekend day spa retreat, with flight and transfers. All you need to do is #simpleacts and tag @simpleskincareau and share a simple act of kindness that you have done for yourself, or for others. Who wants to win this crazy, awesome opportunity? ME! I would love for one of my readers to win so make sure you get on the bandwagon.

If you would like to know more about what Simple Skincare are doing for the Priceline Sisterhood Foundation then you can visit https://www.priceline.com.au/simpleacts for more information.

I don't know about you, but I love it when brands work with charity organisations as it makes me feel good knowing that my money is going to help people. Raise your hands if you're going to go out and purchase this? I hope all hands are raised, and if not, then make sure you enter the competition, it's completely free!

What is your favourite Simple Skincare product?



*This blog post is sponsored by Simple Skincare