September Favourites!

8 October 2014



I'm 8 days late, but better late than never right? September was a really great and busy month (all of my months have been busy lately). One of my friends got married, which was so exciting, I started watching Friends from season 1, episode 1 and now I'm really emotional that they aren't making any new episodes. September was a very makeup-y month for me, and as you will see, I had a lot of makeup favourites as opposed to skincare. The reason for this is, Spring is usually very minimalist for me, makeup wise. I like having natural, dewy foundation, a slick of mascara, and a nice coral lip and I'm out the door. I always found that while I knew how to do the "no-makeup-makeup look" it never looked just quite right, until I used all these products together and now they've become staple products!






Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation // Okay, I hear you. "Basmah, can you stop mentioning this foundation every chance you get!?", but honestly, I just love it THAT much. This foundation is really fresh and natural looking, and in my opinion, works best when you use the smallest amount. I like to mix this with a darker foundation to get my perfect match, and then I apply most of the product to the center of my face, since I have the most redness there, and then work my way outwards. I apply this over a primer, and I highly recommend using a very small amount and building your way up. I find that when I use too much of this product, my face feels very "slippery" (sounds pretty gross).




Essence Metal Glam Highlighter*// I think this product was limited edition, but Essence, if you're reading, PLEASE MAKE THIS PERMANENT. I love Essence products, they're affordable and most of the time, they're excellent quality. This highlighter is no exception. Having warm toned skin, I'm always on the look out for gold toned highlighters, and this one is amazing! I like to swirl my brush around in the product and apply to the highest points of my face, and it looks absolutely beautiful once the light hits it. If you're olive or darker skinned, and you struggle to find a nice highlighter then pick this one up if you find it, because I've completely fallen in love.




ARTDECO Eyeshadow Base // In the past I didn't really have a problem with my eyeshadow creasing, but lately it's been happening way more than I care to admit. I had this eyeshadow primer lying around, and while I enjoyed using it in the past, it wasn't exactly a necessity until now. This primer is a shimmery primer (I wish it was matte to be honest), and it helps your eyeshadows last all day! No exaggeration folks, you can have all the worlds oil on your eyelids, but your eyeshadows will not crease or budge, plus it really brings out the pigmentation of your eye makeup. I bought this from Beauty Bay at a very affordable price point, and while they don't ship this to Australia anymore (boo!), I will be on the hunt once this little guy runs out.




Revlon Blush Smokey Rose // I've featured this blush before, and as you can see by the fact that I've hit pan, I use this blush a lot. It's a matte, dark pink blush, but it isn't anything to be afraid of. It looks very natural on the skin, and it gives some lovely dimension on the face without the need for contouring, y'know, in case you're a contouring noob like I am. I've had this blush for over a year now, and it seems that it will last me all the way to December, so it's great value for money! Oh, and if anyone has any blush recommendations, please let me know, because I want to try out some new blushes for the warmer months.



NP Set Lipstick Boston // You wouldn't believe how I acquired this lipstick. You know how some shopping centers have those deals where if you spend a certain amount on something they give you a freebie? Well...let's just say this was my freebie, and while the lipstick bullet is completely melted, the colour is stunning. NP, your lipsticks are great, but sort out the melting business please, it drives me nuts. Anyway, as I was saying. I usually use the lipstick that they give at the bottom (yes, the coloured thingymajiggy at the top or bottom is lipstick) and apply it with a lip brush to give a stained effect. If you're someone who suffers from dry lips like I do, then you'll really like this lipstick as it's very moisturising and quite glossy as well. One of the gripes that I do have though, is that it isn't long lasting, but I tend to ignore that since it's a beautiful colour and finish.




Kosmea Purifying Cream Cleanser*// If there's a brand that seems as if it's made for my skin, it's Kosmea. Hands down, it has become my most favourite skin care brand, and I've tried A LOT. I was sent this to try out, and I was a little reluctant since cleanser is usually a huge hit and miss. Thankfully, this was a really big HIT. I've been using this for over 3 months now, and I still have quite a bit left. When I first used this it felt as if I was rubbing Sorbolene over my face as it really is a cream and doesn't foam up in the slightest, but overtime, my skin looked incredible. My once dry and dehydrated, sensitive skin is now soft, supple and even toned. If you're searching for a cream cleanser, you should really check this out, because it is the best I've ever tried. Once I run out, I'll be repurchasing this for myself. So Kosmea? you go Glen Coco!

These are my favourites for the month of September! Let me know what your favourites have been in the comments below!

* PR Sample - opinions are honest and always my own, as stated in my disclosure policy.



Leave a Comment

  1. The Kosmea cleanser sounds ah-mazing. Creamy/balmy cleansers are definitely my favourites. Ain't no body got time for cleansers that strip your skin! I've been loving the Bourjois Happy Light foundation - Bourjois just seem to know how to do bases! Unfortunately I think they discontinued the original healthy mix foundation and replaced it with the radiance reveal one! :(

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best cleanser I've tried! At the beginning I was a little bummed that it didn't foam, but in the long run, it's improved my skin so much! And I've heard that Bourjois discontinued healthy mix :( I'm definitely going to check out the happy light foundation though! x

      Delete
  2. I really am liking the Healthy Mix foundation at the moment, too. I need to try the Kosmea cream cleanser, sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it! Let me know if you try it!

      Delete
  3. You have some lovely products! Would love you to check out my blog :) xx
    Emma | Cookies&Cream Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Lovely post as always...weddings are super exciting! I was just wondering whether you would do a DIY face mask and the products you recommend for acne and post acne marks? I would appreciate it!

      Delete
    2. Hi! I would love to! In the mean time you can check out some of these posts, as I went into depth about the right skincare for your skin type!

      http://laceeandlattes.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/back-to-basics-getting-your-skincare.html

      Hope that helps! x

      Delete
  4. It's never too late for favourites! :) xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never hit the pan with any of my blushes!

    I am dyinggg to try healthy mix! just need to get a few other products out of the way first!!

    lilynotlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great product! I'm sure you won't regret trying it! :)

      Delete
  6. Can you please put the price and where you buy them from .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep that in mind! Sorry about that! x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.