Models Prefer Eyeshadow Palettes

10 October 2014





Let me start from the beginning. I walked into Priceline one nice sunny day, and right in front of me were the Urban Decay Naked Palette's. Wait, what!? Since when did Priceline sell Urban Decay? Then I happened to look closer and I realised that they were actually Models Prefer eyeshadow palettes that looked exactly like the Naked palettes, except they were a million times cheaper. Intrigued, and because I knew you all would be interested, I decided to buy two out of three palettes. The Nude palette, and the Day to Night palette, and road test it to see how I would like it.






As mentioned before, I bought the Nude palette, and the Day to Night palette. There was one more that was available, but it wasn't up my street because it was filled with bright colours, but if that's your thing, then that option is available. The palette's come with 12 shades each, and a dual ended brush, with a fluffy blending brush on one end, and a flat shader brush on the other. Oh, and I forgot to mention the price! $10. No, I'm not talking about the price of two packets of Maltesers, that is the actual price. I told you it was cheap. Even though it's affordable, the packaging feels really high quality, and sturdy enough to travel with, and go through everyday wear and tear. I do find that my Day to Night palette is a little harder to open, but nothing too strenuous.



Day to Night Palette

Day to Night Palette

Nude Palette

Nude Palette


Now, my first question was: "is the Nude palette a dupe for the Naked 2 palette?" and I would say not entirely. The shades belong in the same family, you could say, but I won't consider it a dupe. Nevertheless, if you are on a tight budget and don't want to splurge on the Naked 2, then this is a great alternative (I mean, it's $10!). Both palettes mostly contain shimmery eyeshadows, and a few matte colours, which I have a little gripe with, because I feel that there aren't enough palettes with matte shades, but you know how first world problems go.




I also decided to compare it side by side with my Naked 2, and the packaging is the exact same size, but you get a teensy bit more eyeshadow in the Urban Decay palette, which is 15.6 grams and the Models Prefer is 15 grams. Now, I have to admit, the Naked 2 palettes shades are much more pigmented, but there is the massive price difference so that is granted. The Models Prefer shades glide on like butter and blend seamlessly, but I do find that the lighter shades aren't as pigmented as I would like, but the darker shades are really vibrant. Also, the brushes that they've given with the palettes are really nice and soft, so if you're a beginner and you hate using spongey brushes, then you'll be pleased to know that they actually supply a brush!



If I have to choose, my favourite out of the two would have to be the Day to Night Palette, simply because I don't have the colours that they've provided, and the shades are beautifully pigmented. Especially Overachiever, which is the bright purple shade that I can see myself using a lot. Priceline just released these a few days ago, so I suggest if you want one, go grab it quick, because these aren't going to last long!

Day to Night Palette
Nude Palette
It's great to see Priceline releasing more eyeshadow palettes, as I found that if the drugstore lacked anything, then it was mainly eyeshadow palettes. While these aren't 100% perfect, they are great for the price you pay!

Will you be trying these palettes out?


Leave a Comment

  1. Love the shades in the nude palette! These do seem like a great alternative to UD, and much more accessible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! At $10 you really can't go wrong :)

      Delete
  2. I definitely want to try the day to night palette! thank you for such a thorough review and comparison :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Catherine! Let me know how you like it if you end up trying it out x

      Delete
  3. Wow, the packaging is pretty much exactly the same! I will definitely have to scope these out, the shade ranges look nice but will have to swatch them to see if they're worth it - though $10 is such a bargain! I actually love it when brands come out with rip off products haha!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here haha! Not everyone can afford spending $80 on an eyeshadow palette, so it's nice when other brands release similar versions for so much cheaper! x

      Delete
  4. I am so excited to go buy these!

    Pearl | Pearlxe Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I totally want the day to night palette! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh great find! I'm nearly hitting the pan on a few shades of my Naked 3 so i'll check this out!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! I really want to try the Naked 3 but for now these will suffice haha!

      Delete
  7. Such things are the reason why I wish I live in Australia. I know the Naked palettes are a long far goal for me atm. So these look like the perfect alternative to start with! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Naked palettes are really pricey so I get what you mean! I hope you find a cheaper alternative where you live! x

      Delete
  8. Great and informative post, definitely gonna go check it out the next time I visit Priceline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go quick, I don't want you to miss out! Haha x

      Delete
  9. I saw another dupe today: Gloss is selling BYS palettes called NUDE. I was in a rush so I missed the price, but the palette looks the same as the Urban Decay Naked palette - inside & out. I'm going to have to hit the testers at Gloss & Priceline to decide which one to get,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! I'll check it out when I go to Gloss next time! :)

      Delete
  10. Lovely shades and for $10. There isn't really much of risk in trying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! So affordable and accessible!

      Delete
  11. I really want that Nude palette - so gorgeous!! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The palette looks great. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for posting this informative review. I bought day to night palette after reading your post, its really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! I'm glad you enjoyed it! x

      Delete
  14. The packaging is great but still not sure about the quality... I think I'd still spend $10 more to get a Chi Chi palette even though their packaging isn't as great. Great post! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to try Chi Chi but I haven't had the chance! I'll definitely look into it now, thank you for reading! x

      Delete
  15. Would much prefer these cheaper alternatives! Great post!

    Please visit: www.emilyroseperrin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to know how i can get this palette in pakistan.. would love to get my hands on the nude one :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.