Valentine's Day Makeup Look

10 February 2014





Today I bring to you a makeup look for the day of love, Valentine's Day. Now, I don't have a Valentine, but if I did, this would probably be what I would wear to a date, or a night with my girlfriends. I liked to keep it fairly simple but still wanted to look like I put effort into my look, so if you want to know how I achieved this makeup then keep reading!



I always start my makeup look with my eyes, since it's easier to wipe off fall out and it just gives me a better idea on how much makeup I need to apply to my face once my eyes are complete. To give myself a wide awake look, I used the top far left shade from the Australis Tote's Smokin Palette, this is a shimmery shade which I like to balance out by applying matte shades. I then pick up the colour Tease and Busted from the Naked 2 Palette and apply it to my crease, and blend it out. This helps me give definition to the crease. 

If you find eye shadows hard to blend, try using the brush in a circular motion. Practice makes perfect. When I first applied eye shadow it went horribly wrong! So don't stress if you can't get it right the first time. The hero product to this look is the Napoleon Perdis Colour Disc in the shade 98. I picked this up for $5 when they were having a sale last year, and I really enjoy using it as a pop of colour to an otherwise neutral look. I blended this on the outer corners and halfway through my crease. I find that purple really brings out the brown in my eyes, so if you're a brown eyed girl then definitely try this out!

For this look, I didn't really want to apply eyeliner, so instead I used an angle brush and used black eye shadow to give me a softer look. This trick is perfect for those who can never get eyeliner just right, so if you're a beginner, try using eye shadow before you transition into liquid or gel liner. I also applied the shade Busted to my lash line, and to brighten my face, I highlighted my inner corners with Bootycall from the Naked 2 Palette.

Moving onto the face. When I go out at night, I prefer using a full coverage foundation, but of course you can use whatever suits you. If you're like me, and have a few odd blemishes here and there, then Estee Lauder Double Wear will become your best friend on those days where your skin isn't looking it's best. This baby covers everything, and will make sure your skin looks flawless! It does take practice, since it's very thick it is also very easy to apply too much. Less is more ladies! Besides, I'm sure you're all naturally beautiful, so sometimes we need to put down the foundation and concealer and say  "enough is enough". As usual, I concealed my under eye circles with the Maybelline Fit Me concealer, and applied Illamasqua blush in Thrust to my cheekbones and temples. 

After realising I missed a step, I went back to curl my eyelashes and used my trusty Bourjois Fantastic Volume mascara to both my upper and lower lashes. Finally, to complete my look, I used Rimmel Lip Liner in Indian Pink.

So that's it! I hope you liked my makeup look, I was a little nervous doing this post, seeing as I've never done something like this before, but hopefully it gave you inspiration for a date, or if you're just hanging out with your friends. Of course you can change the lip colour or anything you like to suit you, this is just something I would typically wear on a night out.

Would you wear this makeup look? What are your plans for V-day? Let me know!

Leave a Comment

  1. I love seeing everyone's Valentine's makeup look! Yours look so gorgeous and girly :)

    x
    Phoebe
    Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It's always nice to have some inspiration for when you're out of ideas! Thank you so much Phoebe!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous look! That lip colour suits you really well :)


    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my look at that beautiful face! You look stunning Basmah, the makeup colours are heavenly, and even your decor in the background matches :-) One of my favourite posts from you hon xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kat! Not better than the eye makeup guru herself (aka you), but I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  4. Love your V-day makeup! I'm thinking of dressing in red. It's not a color I adore, but this year I totally immersed myself in Valentine's Day.

    Jasmine xx For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh sounds exciting! I'm sure you'll end up looking like a bombshell Jasmine! Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  5. Flawless, Bas! You could front a romance novel with that look, hun, so yes, perfect V-Day look! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much for the lovely comment Michelle! I'm glad you like it! x

      Delete
  6. Love the make-up!! I am probably wearing my pi's since V-Day is Forever-Alone-Day for me.
    Wish you a very romantic day though ;)

    Christina ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Don't worry, you're not the only one! I'm valentineless as well, but who needs a valentine to have fun right? Single ladies rejoice!

      Delete
  7. You look lovely! I love the natural, but pretty pink look. Lovely and sweet for V-day!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty look! I love what you've done with your eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! I usually wear winged eyeliner when I'm going out, but I think I could get used to the softer approach :)

      Delete
  9. Stunning! I love the way your eye makeup turned out. I have brown eyes too, and love using purple :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bec! It really brings out the brown doesn't it? I think it's such a versatile colour for all eye colours!

      Delete
  10. I just found your blog Basmah and I'm so impressed! Love the posts, the layout, the pictures! Also, what a pretty look you've created. We didn't went out for lunch and dinner for V Day but I didn't really do anything unique or special for my make up though :) We had the baby with us so it was more of a touch and go meal! MakeMeUpMandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comments like these make me so happy, thank you so much lovely! It's always nice to take time out and have a meal with family even if it is for a short amount of time! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.