Sigma Spa Brush Cleaning Glove DUPE!

3 February 2014


Washing your makeup brushes is as important as taking regular showers, can you imagine all the dirt, grime, and bacteria living on those bristles? Not only is it hygienic, it also helps your brushes last longer. Many people don't wash their brushes often, mainly because it is such a chore and takes a while, especially if you have over a gazillion brushes to individually wash. So, when Sigma introduced their Spa Brush Cleaning Glove, which everyone claimed to cut their brush washing time in half, I was intrigued. But honestly? $35 for an oven mitt? I know how all of you lovely people like to save money, so I have brought you a dupe which is $25 cheaper!




It all started when I was browsing around Kmart, and I stumbled upon this oven mitt. I won't say it looks exactly the Sigma version, but it definitely does the job well! I instantly picked it up for $10, and it is the best purchase I have ever made. This glove is made out of silicone and is textured, so it really helps clean those bristles right to it's core. It also cleans my makeup brushes in 2 minutes each! Which is crazy considering I used to sit for hours trying to get all the gunk out of the bristles. I like to use the larger texture to clean my face brushes, and the smaller texture to clean my eye brushes, and when I say this gets everything out, I'm not fooling around.




I won't go into detail on what I use to clean my makeup brushes, as I'm planning a separate post for that soon (which should be coming very soon!), but I add a little bit of soap to the glove and rub my brush on the bristles, and let me tell you, it is so satisfyingly gross to see all the foundation and makeup coming out of those brushes. Now imagine all of that rubbing on your face, yuck!

I do know that Kmart are still selling these gloves, as I went a few days ago and they still had them in stock, but run don't walk! You never know when they might get sold out. Considering the fact the you're saving $25, you now have all that money to spend on important things, like more makeup, am I right?

Are you going to try this glove out? Or will you just stick to the old fashioned method of cleaning your brushes?


Leave a Comment

  1. Great find, Bas. I must look into one of these. Cutting washing time of brushes is certainly a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I used to hate washing my brushes, as it took so long, but this really does cut the time by half!

      Delete
  2. ooo I need to get me one of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! For $10 how could you not? haha!

      Delete
  3. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be buying one of these next time I am at kmart, thank you so much for the tip! What a great post :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could help! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. Wow Basmah that's incredible! You're a genius :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! It really was too good not to share!

      Delete
  6. Awesome find! I ended up getting the Sigma one (but it was on sale, woohoo) and it's truly amazing! Wish I could have found a dupe though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! Now I'm actually bothered to wash my makeup brushes since it doesn't take as long as before!

      Delete
  7. I HAD to click on this post as I have been eyeing the Sigma Cleaning Glove for ages but never bought it!! You are brilliant! I am going to get this for sure x MakeMeUpMandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandy! I'm glad it helped, it seriously makes a world of a difference and it's so much cheaper than the original!

      Delete
  8. Verrrrry interesting, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.