REVIEW: Palmer's Purifying Mask (AKA Best Mask Ever)

25 February 2014




First off, I would like to apologise for my weird blogging schedule as of late, University has started and it's getting difficult to blog as regularly as I did in the holidays, but don't worry, I will try my best to post as much as I can! Now that's out of the way. Today I'm going to be reviewing my holy grail face mask, which is not only affordable, but kicks every other face mask out of the water. Seriously. I've tried many face masks in the past, and nothing compares to this. So without further ado, let's get into the review.


I used to be the type of person who never used face masks, simply because they never suited my skin and never gave me any visible improvements, but then this diamond in the rough came into my life and it has never been the same since (how romantic right?). I know I may sound like a broken record, but since this is a skincare review, I should let you know, I have sensitive, oily to combination skin, BUT, for some odd reason, masks targeted specially for oily skinned ladies dry out my skin and cause it to go flakey. When I first purchased this clay mask I was very hesitant, simply because clay masks cause my skin to dry out, but needless to say, I was IMPRESSED.



The Palmer's Purifying Mask comes with 120g of product, and is packaged in a convenient tube, which is not only great for travelling, but it helps dispense the product so much easier, and causes less mess. What I also love about the packaging, is that I don't waste any product by taking out too much of the mask, and can use the amount I'm comfortable with. It contains ingredients such as Vitamin E, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, etc.



The consistency is thick, and you only need a small amount to cover your entire face. What's great about this mask is, even though it's a clay mask, it doesn't dry out your skin, but hydrates it instead. So not only is it wonderful for those who have oily skin and large pores, but it's also great for people who have normal to dry skin. I like to apply this mask once a week, or sometimes only on my T-zone, to help shrink pores and remove blackheads. It dries down very quickly, but I notice I get better results when I leave this on for half an hour, and sometimes I don't even feel like removing this mask because it feels so refreshing on my skin!

If you're someone who suffers from breakouts that like to happen at the most inconvenient times, then you'll love this product. This mask stops pimples from emerging, and also helps get rid of those annoying under the skin pimples that are extremely hard to get rid of. I also noticed how it toned down the redness in my cheek and nose area, and overtime, faded my acne scars.

A lot of people dislike the scent of this product, but I actually quite like it! It smells quite floral, (Palmer's describes it as "fresh white lily") and it does linger on the skin, so if you aren't a fan of floral scents then you may want to give this a sniff before purchasing.

After removing this mask, you'll instantly notice that your skin looks brighter and feels softer and supple. Mark my words, you will not be able to stop feeling your skin, that's how smooth it would feel. I usually like to remove this with a damp washcloth, and splash my face with cold water afterwards to close my pores.

Overall this is a fantastic face mask, and at $9.99 you really cannot go wrong! If you suffer from clogged pores, breakouts, redness, or any other problems relating to your skin, then you should definitely give this a try, and I promise you won't regret it!

What is the best face mask you have ever tried?

Leave a Comment

  1. I want to try this now. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure Mart! Hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  2. Sounds great, Bas. I love that cute pic of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shirt! ;) This mask sounds really really great! I will keep on the lookout, though I already have a few clay masks (my fave right now is Origins Clear Improvement) so maybe when I run out of one of them!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! It's actually a mens shirt, but I like to wear it as an oversize tee ;) I've heard great things about Origins, would love to try some of their products once I use up all my other skincare!

      Delete
  4. Your pic is so cute haha :) Will definitely be buying this mask next xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Thank you! Let me know how it goes, I'm sure you'll love it!

      Delete
  5. This review was so helpful! I def. am going to give this a try now and it's a good price too! I like reading your blog. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you liked it, thank you for the kind compliment! x

      Delete
  6. Thats such a cute picture of you! I have the same problem with clay masks. I have oily but dehydrated skin. If I use clay masks to often I get dry patches. Which isn't a great look! I might give this a go!

    melaniface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie! I'll probably regret it 10 years from now haha. Same here, I also get tiny breakouts when I use clarifying masks, but this is great! I'm sure you'll really like it!

      Delete
  7. HI Basmah!
    I just thought I'd say hi as your newest follower. Hope you'll come over to my blog and follow along as well. I post once in a while about "Healthy Habits" posting about all natural beauty products/ wellness habits that add to your skin and overall health.

    xx
    Christina

    The McGuire Family

    MarkChristinaMcGuire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow Christina x

      Delete
  8. I was actually looking at this product on palmer's website the other day! It's now on my wishlist ^_^

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love this face mask :D it works so well!

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.