REVIEW: Elizabeth Arden Prevage Night Cream

5 February 2014

I promised a review, so here it is! Today I'm going to be reviewing the *Elizabeth Arden Prevage Night Cream. Now, considering I'm an 18 year old girl, with barely any lines on her face, you're probably wondering why I'm reviewing an anti-ageing cream, but the truth is, this cream isn't just for lines and wrinkles, but is great for sun spots, acne scarring and every other skin problem you can imagine.


The Prevage Night Cream comes in a plastic container, and has 50ml of product. It's perfect for travelling as it has a special way of dispensing the product. When I first opened the container I was impressed at the fact that this has a very unique dispensing technique, I hate when I have to dip my fingers into products as they can be infested with bacteria and isn't exactly hygienic, but Elizabeth Arden have really hit the right buttons with the packaging of this product. So, instead of dipping your fingers in and out of the cream, you have to press the little bubble in the middle and it takes out just the right amount of cream, and no germs! I generally press the bubble two times, as that's more than enough for my entire face and neck.


 The consistency of this product is not too thick but not too runny either, but I do find that it isn't very absorbent, and looking at myself when I wake up, I look like an oil slick, but it doesn't bother me much since I have no one to impress anyway (ha ha forever awesome). This night cream has a nice scent to it, and isn't overpowering at all, and considering I have the worlds most sensitive skin, it hasn't broken me out which is a miracle.

Now let's move on to the good stuff! Elizabeth Arden claims that this cream "helps minimise the appearance of lines, wrinkles, discolourations and the effect of sun damage", and I can say that they are damn well correct it does.

The first time I used this, I woke up the next morning and I had radiant skin. No, I'm not lying. This cream is incredible if you're looking for something to banish your acne scars and make you look like you have had an adequate amount of sleep (which I never have the fortune of getting). As for wrinkles and fine lines, I can't really say I've noticed a difference, as I don't have wrinkles in the first place, but I will definitely say that this seems like a great product to prevent lines from forming in the future.

Oh, and if you think there are no more pros to this moisturiser, then you will be very happy to know that there is one more. It doesn't block pores. Usually night creams can be quite thick in consistency and end up blocking pores and causing breakouts, but I haven't experienced anything of the sort with this product.

So, now we talk about the cons, which there aren't many (only one), but it can be pretty huge if you want to save your dollar bills. The price. This night cream costs $150, so when it comes to repurchase, I'll probably be shedding tears while handing over my cash to the counter lady. But in all honesty, if you're looking for a good, no, GREAT night cream, then this is worth every cent. It should also last you a very long time considering you don't use much at all. But if you are skeptical, then try asking for a sample before you make the investment.

Overall, I would say that this is wonderful product for anyone who just wants to repair their skin from everyday damage, and even though the price is steep, I will be repurchasing once I've used this up. If you're willing to splurge on a cream that helps get rid of scarring, pigmentation and every other pesky skin problem, then I highly recommend you to pick up a sample!

Do you have a favourite night cream? Let me know in the comments below!

*This product was gifted to me from Beauty Heaven when I won the Best in Beauty prize pack. This is not a sponsored post, heck, Elizabeth Arden doesn't even know I'm reviewing this product!


Leave a Comment

  1. Oh, that is rather expensive but if it works then I guess its justified! I've loved every Elizabeth Arden product I have tried in the past, its such a great brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I would ask for a sample though before buying, as $150 is a hell lot of money!

      Delete
  2. Haha! When I first started to read I was like, yeah! Sure , I could use a good night cream...Then the price came and I remembered I have no money...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha lol! Tell me about it, when I was researching the price of the cream, I nearly had a heart attack when I found out it was $150!

      Delete
  3. I love the Prevage range..my bank account doesn't, tho, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous review Basmah, I'm crazy about the nifty dispenser, but gulp...yes the price, yikes! I'm about to start on the Prevage Anti-aging Targeted Skin Tone Corrector that came with my Blogstar prize - it's $160, so in a way I pray I DON'T fall in love with it lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kat! Thank goodness for BH and their generosities, I would have never been able to afford this miracle!

      Delete
  5. This looks luxurious but I'm not willing to fork out $150 for it (maybe when I really need anti-aging products though!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Review,I am impressed with its packing, but only dislike is the price.

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.