Hair Care Routine!

7 February 2014

Ahhh hair. Where to begin. Most days, my hair looks like a mess, there isn't much you can do to tame thick, frizzy hair, so I always end up throwing it up in a ponytail. Regardless of what hair type you have, it is important to take care of it, and I can proudly say that these products help me maintain my frizz and keep my hair healthier and shinier.



Before we get started, I should let you know what my hair is like. I have thick, straight/wavy hair which is prone to dryness and a whole heap of other not-so-cool problems, I try not to straighten my hair too much, because we all know how damaging that could be. So now that's out of the way, let's talk about the products I use!



Goldwell Rich Repair Shampoo: If you have been reading my blog, then you would know that I bought this product, along with the conditioner, a few weeks ago, and after using them consecutively, I can say that they do not disappoint! I like to apply the shampoo only on the roots of my hair, and really massage it in. I then rinse and repeat to give me extra volume and body.

Selsun Blue Shampoo: This product is reserved for using once a month. My scalp is prone to getting irritated very easily, and this medicated shampoo helps soothe my scalp from all the damage caused. Since it is a medicated shampoo, I don't recommend using this daily, as it is very drying.

Goldwell Rich Repair Conditioner: Conditioner and I are best friends, but when they start to weigh my hair down, or make my hair feel sticky then we argue and part ways. Thankfully this conditioner doesn't do any of that. When you first apply this to your hair, you will feel as if it isn't doing anything, but when you wash it out, your hair will be something out of a shampoo commercial. It adds shine, keeps your ends soft, and detangles your hair in the process. I like to comb my hair with a wide tooth comb while I'm in the shower, and then I apply this to my ends.

David Babaii Miracle Elixir: LOVE this product. David, you are a genius. If you're looking for an oil that doesn't feel, well....oily, then get your hands on this product. NOW. I like to spray this on the ends of my hair while it's still damp, and then I comb it out, and it makes my hair feel incredible. Try it, you won't be disappointed!

Olive Oil: Not pictured above, because my bottle was covered in oil and it was too messy to take a photo of. This is a crucial step to healthy hair. I like to apply olive oil to my hair once a fortnight, and not only does it help your precious strands grow faster, but it also helps the health of your hair, which is always a plus! Apply it before you go to sleep, and wash it out the next day. A warning: it is a pain to wash out, but it's completely worth it.

Michel Mercier Detangling Hair Brush: You're probably thinking, "that is one weird looking hair brush", but it's actually a weird, genius hair brush that doesn't break and pull out your hair. When I first used this, I didn't like it at all, and thought it was a gimmick, but after using it for 2 months, it is safe to say I'm in love. Even though it's the same as the Tangle Teezer, I actually prefer this one since it has a handle and is much easier to brush your hair with.

I hope you enjoyed reading my hair care routine, because I know I love reading what other people use on their hair! If you have any tips or tricks for healthy hair then leave them in the comments below, oh and would you like to see a hair styling routine?

Leave a Comment

  1. You look stunning in that photo Basmah! I sometimes use the selsun blue as well but like you said, not all the time. I have only just started getting into hair oils because I have naturally dry hair too. I'm not sure Im brave enough to try olive oil yet though! Great post :)

    melaniface

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie! Olive oil is amazing, leaves your hair so soft! I do want to try coconut oil though, since everyone raves about that stuff!

      Delete
  2. Great post! I really learnt a lot about hair care. My hair is so damaged and this'll really help. You are so pretty! Lovely blog! I followed you. Maybe we can follow each other? xx Tara
    http://thisindiansummer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG olive oil !!! Its working and its only been a week :) its sahara btw

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.