Brand Spotlight: Couleur Caramel

27 February 2014



It's not often a whole brand receives a dedicated blog post, so you can already tell that this one is going to be pretty damn special. Granted, I haven't tried everything from the brand Couleur Caramel, but I've tried quite a bit, and I love every. single. thing. Is that even possible? Liking each and every product you have tried from one brand? I didn't think so either, until I stumbled upon this 100% organic, cruelty-free company. So if you would like to know what I think, keep on reading!


I think I really need to start getting into organic makeup more, because in the past I tried an Inika foundation and it rocked, like absolutely amazing. Sure, I didn't like the smell, and it felt a little funny at first, but the end result was spectacular. Couleur Caramel is just as wonderful, and even though their products have a weird smell that I'm not the biggest fan of, you learn to look past it after a couple of uses.


Concealers #16 & #12 // I usually stick to concealers that come with doe foot applicators because when it comes to cream concealers, I don't often have the best of luck with them. They tend to be very dry, and extremely hard to blend, but these are the complete opposite. These are the creamiest concealers I have ever used, and they provide great coverage if you need to cover up under eye circles, blemishes etc. The great thing is, they don't crease! If you're new to the makeup game, and wondering why one concealer is green, don't worry, you won't look like Shrek. Green concealer is used to cover up redness, so use this product around your nose, on your cheeks, and anywhere else you may flush naturally. What I also love about the skin toned concealer, is that it's very warm toned, which is great to cover up the darkness under my eyes (genetically blessed with designer bags), and anything that can cover up those bad boys deserves some recognition!


Bronzer in shade #22// I previously mentioned this bronzer in my 2013 beauty favourites and for a good reason too. While this is a shimmery bronzer, it is lovely if you need a highlight for olive or dark skin tones. I can't really imagine this working so well for fair skin tones, since it's quite orange, but otherwise, this is one of my favourite shimmery bronzers. It's easy to blend, looks great on the skin, and the embossed design on the bronzer is so beautiful and intricate, I can't stop staring at it! If you're on the hunt for a nice highlight, or a bronzer which gives you a sun kissed glow, then give this a try!


Eye shadow in shade #049 // I only have one eye shadow from the range, but they have a wide variety available. This eye shadow blends like butter, and the consistency is so beautiful. If you find it hard to blend eye shadows, then you will love this. The pigmentation is lovely, I get an opaque application with just one swipe of this stuff, and I actually love the texture more than my Naked Palette, which is saying something. The best eye shadow consistency I have tried is probably NARS and nothing has ever come close until this, so you have an idea how excellent this product performs!



Foundation in shade #13 // This may look very light in comparison to the colour of my hands, but for some weird reason, my hands are MUCH darker than my face, so even though it seems light, it's actually a perfect shade match. I like this foundation, the coverage is medium to full, and since it's organic, it doesn't break me out! The finish is matte, and it holds up very well on my oily skin. I won't say it's my holy grail, but I do really enjoy this foundation compared to so many others I've tried, and it's perfect if you want to look like you have naturally flawless skin. I would say that the smell isn't great, but that's probably a given since it's organic.

L-R: #16 concealer, #12 concealer, #22 bronzer, #049 eyeshadow
I also forgot to mention that the packaging is all made from recycled cardboard, so not only are you getting great makeup products, but it's also kind to the environment!

I hope you enjoyed this post, let me know if you would like to see more Brand Spotlights!

Do you use organic makeup?

Leave a Comment

  1. I have never heard of this brand but I would be keen to try it out, where do you get it from? I'm an Arbonne consultant and I became one because I love their makeup and the fact that its organic, have you ever tried any of their products? Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have mentioned that in the post! Silly me haha, you can buy them from loveorganicbeauty.com.au. No I haven't! But I've heard really great things about their foundation so I'm keen to try it for myself!

      Delete
    2. Ok sweet I'll have to go check them out! Yeah their primer and foundation are probably my favourite products from the entire line! If your interested in trying them or anything else from the line you can email me at abeautyobsession@gmail.com, I've got some good specials on at the moment :)

      Delete
  2. Everyone loves this brand! I bought a concealer off their site but sadly its a shade too light and they're a bit too expensive for me to buy a different shade. The eyeshadows look super pretty btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sucks! They are quite pricey though aren't they? Hopefully you'll find some sort of use for them, so they don't completely go to waste!

      Delete
  3. I've been hearing so much about this brand!!! I need to look them up ^_^

    LilynotLouise | Beauty and Food

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! They're really great!

      Delete
  4. Terrific post Bas honey and such a helpful review covering so many of their products - I don't think I've read one even vaguely negative comment about this brand. I'm in for the concealer for sure and gemma sapphire raved about the lipstick ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kat! Yes, Gemma actually inspired me to write this post, as she reminded me that I have a whole heal of goodies from this brand! They really are an amazing brand, and when something is cruelty free, that's always a plus!

      Delete
  5. Ive actually never heard of this brand but it looks great! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get your hands on it! Thank you x

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.