Autumn/Winter Beauty Essentials!

19 February 2014

Considering the weather outside, I thought it would be the perfect time to show you my Autumn/Winter beauty essentials, because let's face it, Summer is leaving us soon enough, and considering I love the colder months, there is nothing that makes me happier. Because who doesn't love warm clothes, hot chocolate, and relaxing next to the heater?




When it comes to the colder months, your skin changes and needs a lot more hydration than in the warmer months, which is why I move on to rich skin care products, such as cream exfoliants, and intense moisturising creams.

Olay Skin Smoothing Cream Scrub // I just recently purchased this scrub from Priceline, and so far so good. I have sensitive skin, so scrubs such as the St Ives Apricot Scrub wreak havoc on my delicate skin. This product is nice as it's a cream scrub, so it doesn't dry your skin out, and isn't too abrasive to break you out. I'm a huge fan of Olay skincare products, and even though they may be targeted for mature aged women, some of their skincare products are great for young skin as well.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream // Chances are you have heard of this multi-tasking product. This is an excellent moisturiser for those who suffer from eczema (me included) or any other skin condition, and I also like to use this a day moisturiser for my face to help hydrate my skin. I love this cream as it isn't thick or greasy, absorbs really quickly into the skin, and is gentle and soothing. Plus, the container is HUGE, and you get a large amount of product which will last you a lifetime.

 

Skincare isn't the only thing that changes in the Autumn/Winter months, your makeup does too. Gone are the neon lip colours and the minimal eye makeup. As the weather gets colder, your makeup gets more intense. With  rich berries and wine lipsticks, brown smokey eyes, and matte foundations taking the lead, it's important to have the right products to achieve the right look.

Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipstick in RD305 // Okay, so this is a sample size, but the original would be much larger. This is my go to lipstick for the coming months, as it's hydrating, creamy, and glides on effortlessly, and it's also the perfect shade for Autumn, as it's a mix between a red, and a deep pink. If you don't want to have an intense colour pay off, then just smudge some on your lips to create a stain, which looks equally beautiful!

Nivea Hydro Care Lip Balm // You all know my love for Nivea lip balms. To be completely honest, I prefer the Repair & Protect balm better than this one, but any hydrating lip balm would do when your lips are as dry as the Sahara Desert. There is nothing worse than chapped, flakey lips. They're uncomfortable, and horrible to look at, so prepare yourself by purchasing a quality lip balm before the cold weather hits.

Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Brilliant Bordeaux // I added this product because it's my Mum's holy grail lip product. I'm not a huge wearer of liquid lipsticks, but if generic lipsticks aren't for you, then you should probably give this a try. My Mum swears that she can eat and drink, and this lip product will not budge. Particularly great if you're not interested in constantly reapplying throughout the day.

Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream // Your hands need some love as well, especially your cuticles. Nothing is worse than having immaculate looking hands, only to find out you have dry cuticles, but don't fret, as the Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream works great for that purpose. I like to apply this before I go to bed at night, and after constant use, your cuticles will look healthy and moisturised, plus it smells nice too!

Benefit Hoola Bronzer // You don't have to use this bronzer in particular, if you have another favourite, then go for that instead. It's important to have a bronzer during Autumn, as the freezing temperatures can drain out all the colour from your face, and that golden tan you worked so hard on during the summer, will most likely fade away. A bronzer is a quick and easy way to add some colour and radiance to your face, and if applied right, will make you seem as if you just came back from a Summer getaway.

So that's it for my Autumn/Winter beauty essentials! Hopefully the cold weather treats you all well. What are your Autumn/Winter essentials?


Leave a Comment

  1. Oh how I wish it was winter here! I do agree that you need so much more moisture over the winter months. I would totally accept dry skin if it means getting me out of this heat though! :)

    Thanks for showing us your essentials doll!

    x
    Phoebe
    Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was envious of everyone on the other side of the world when Summer started here in Australia! My pleasure x

      Delete
  2. Hello Basmah...
    I really enjoy reading your blog. It would mean a lot if you check mine.
    xoxo Nika

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.