Liebster Award!

25 January 2014


First off, I would like to thank Fatima from Lipsticks and Coffee for nominating me for a Liebster Award! Her blog is a lovely mixture of makeup and fashion so I highly recommend you to check it out!

So here are my answers!


The rules:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you
2. You must answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominee before you
3. You must pick 11 nominees with under 200 (or 2000 if you want to go with that) followers to answer your questions
4. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you
5. You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated

Fatima's questions:

List your top three favourite TV shows and movies
Well, I really only watch one TV show and that's White Collar (shock horror!) so that is definitely number 1 on my favourite TV shows list. For movies, this may come as a surprise, but The Hangover. My friends and I have this ritual where we would watch it EVERY TIME we go to each others place (and we still haven't gotten bored), and come on, Bradley Cooper? Who can say no to that face! My second favourite movie will probably have to be This Means War, because every time I watch it I'm on the verge of tears from laughing too much.

What is your dream holiday destination?
New York! If you don't already know, I'm studying to become a beauty journalist and as cliche as it is, New York is the place I envision myself going. I know it doesn't exactly classify as a holiday, but I would love to go spend a few weeks there before I ever consider moving! Plus, shopping? Hello!

Are you an extrovert or an introvert?
It honestly depends who I'm around. My friends would tell you that I don't shut up and I talk a little TOO much, but then people at University would probably say I don't talk at all. I am a very shy person if I don't really know you very well, so I guess I'll have to say that I'm an introvert.

What mascara are you currently using?
I know I sound like a broken record, but the Bourjois Fantastic Volume Mascara! I won't really go into too much detail as I have a review up already, which you can read here.

Why did you start blogging?
I've always loved writing, and I've always loved makeup so combined together came blogging! People I know would always ask me for makeup advice or product recommendations so I thought I'd start a blog to help people out and to let my creative juices flow!

What is your favourite post that you've written about?
Probably my most recent post on choosing the right foundation. I worked 5 hours straight on that post, where towards the end I looked like this:
Source: gifrific.com
but it turned out really well, and I've gotten some great feedback, so it makes all the hard work worthwhile!
Here is the link to the post: http://laceeandlattes.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/back-to-basics-choosing-right-foundation.html

List 5 things that make you happy:
1. My nephew
2. All your lovely comments! (cheesy I know, but it's true!)
3. My best friend
4. My sister (ew)
5. The Hangover/Matt Bomer/Bradley Cooper (I couldn't choose just 5!)

What websites do you visit often?
Besides the standard Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and YouTube, it's mostly beauty related websites, such as Beautyheaven, PRIMPED, and this is a deep dark secret, but I'm also guilty of visiting The Daily Mail. What? Everyone needs some trashy celebrity gossip sometimes right?

What is one skill or hobby that you have always wanted to learn?
I've always wanted to learn how to do calligraphy. I love how it's a form of art created by a style of writing.

Do you exercise regularly?
Yes I do, I usually hit the gym at least once or twice a week (is that counted as regularly?) and it's something I really enjoy doing. To me, exercising is a stress relief, but by saying that, in no way am I fit or built like a Victoria's Secret Angel (I wish!).

Share something that your readers don't know about you:
I'm pretty good at imitating voices, especially of cartoon characters, and I can sing, which is something many people don't know about me!

My Nominees:
1. Lily, not Louise.
2. All Her Pretty Little Things
3. That Girl Next Door
4. Alexandriao
5. Kats Colourings
6. Amy Babbles
7. Lemon Mel
8. Zoe Blogs Beauty
9. IndieAna
10. Lady Sapphire Blog
11. Anjelleee

My Questions:
1. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
2. If you were going on holiday for 3 months, and could only take one makeup item with you, what would it be?
3. If you had 3 wishes, what would you wish for?
4. Who is your celebrity crush?
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
6. What was the first makeup product you ever owned?
7. What is your favourite food?
8. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
9. If you had a million dollars, how would you spend it?
10. What are your pet peeves?
11. If you could only choose one, would you choose lipstick or mascara?

So that's it! Thank you once again to Fatima for nominating me, I had such a great time writing this post and answering your questions! Also, if you aren't tagged, then feel free to answer the questions in the comments below!

Leave a Comment

  1. You're welcome :)

    The image that you created is beautiful!

    I'm also a huge Hangover fan..and guilty of checking the Daily Mail app on my phone a little too often :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who reads the Daily Mail lol! The comments are always so funny to read, everyone over there is so opinionated haha! x

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the Liebster Award, you have a great blog :) I'm super jealous that you can imitate voices ahha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for nominating me beautiful xx
    That's wonderful that you exercise regularly :D And I love that you can sing!! That's so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Can't wait to read your post! I And thank you!

      Delete
  4. Congrats hun, and thank you so much for your nomination xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! looking forward to reading your post!

      Delete
  5. I just nominated you for a leibster award on my blog! but it seems you have already done it! Here is the link anyway if you would like to see it. http://melaniface.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/liebster-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie! I'll give it a read, your blog posts are always so much fun to read that I would have read it anyway!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for the nomination! I really appreciate it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being nominated, and thanks for nominating me! :)
    FINALLY able to follow you via GFC, it wouldn't let me for whatever reason the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure lovely! I know! It was going through an annoying glitch but thank god it's been fixed!

      Delete
  8. Lovely blog! I'm currently holding a giveaway on my blog, it's not much but it'd be great if you could enter :)
    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/giveaway-thank-you-for-100-followers.html x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Basmah!!!
    I've just published my Liebster Award post-
    http://ladysapphireblog.blogspot.com.au/2014/01/oh-wow-ive-been-nominated-for-my-5th.html
    Thanks again sweet heart xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm reading it now, it's such a fun way to learn more about your favourite bloggers!

      Delete
  10. Thanks a million again Bas for nominating me - you're such a darling ♥ And your award is so well deserved hon - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is all mine Kats! Thank you for the kind words, here's to many more Liebster Award nominations!

      Delete

I love to know what you think! Leave your blog links below for me to check out, but please don't comment follow for follow. It isn't very nice.